5252000 ext 5741
Principal investigator, Startup! Lab
Director, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center
Personal Website: https://rmhsieh.wixsite.com/rumeihsieh
Academic Division: Entrepreneurship
Ru-Mei Hsieh is an Associate Professor of Program in Interdisciplinary Studies, National Sun Yat-sen University in Taiwan. At NSYSU, she has taught Lean Startup, Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Technology Innovation and Management.
Dr. Hsieh received her doctoral degree from the National Sun Yat-sen University (department of Business Administration) in the area of entrepreneurship management. Her research interests focus on entrepreneurial opportunities, entrepreneurial ecosystem, and entrepreneurship education. She has published papers in Journal of Small Business Management, Entrepreneurship Research Journal, and other Chinese academic journals.
Awards & Honors
2019- Honorable Mention-“Excellent innovative courses and teaching competitions for university teachers” (Topic: The Challenges of Interdisciplinary Teams’
Creative Practice and Self-regulated Learning)
2021 Spring (109-2)
- Lean Startup
- Business Strategy and Management
- Foundation of Technology Management
2020 Fall (109-1)
- Exploration The Trends of Technical Innovation and Social Needs
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Publications Journal Articles (Selected)
- Hsieh, R. M. & Fang, Shih-Chieh (2020). “Entrepreneurial Networking Actions and Innovativeness of Opportunity: The Moderator Role of Venture Stage”. NTU Management Review, 30 (1): 37-64. (TSSCI)
- Hsieh, R. M. & Kelley, D. J. (2020). “A Study of Key Indicators of Development for University-Based Entrepreneurship Ecosystems in Taiwan.” Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 10(2), 1-17. (SSCI, IF=1.625).
- Hsieh*, R. M. (2020). “The Challenges of Interdisciplinary Teams’ Creative Practice and Self-regulated Learning”. Journal of Teaching Practice and Research on Higher Education, 4(1), 113-140.
- Hsieh*, R. M. & Kelley, D. J. (2016). “The Role of Cognition and Information Access in the Recognition of Innovative Opportunities.” Journal of Small Business Management, 54(S1), 297–311. (SSCI, 66/217 (Management)(IF=3.12)).
Book and Report
- Liu, C.Y. & Hsieh, R. M (2017). Entrepreneurship: The Perspectives of Entrepreneur, Opportunities and Environment. Best-Wise Publisher. (ISBN：978-986-457-035-5)
- Wen, J. D., Hsieh, R. M., &Chen, Y. W. (2013). Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: 2010-2012 Taiwan Report. (ISBN：978-986-03-9845-8).