Si wan College at the National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan is seeking to appoint a full-time Assistant Professor in the field of Humanities, starting on 1 August 2020.
It is expected that the candidate will have the following qualifications and experiences:
- a Ph.D. in any discipline within the humanities from a non-Taiwan-based higher education institution listed in the Database for the Reference List of Foreign Universities in the website of the Ministry of Education of Taiwan (https://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/aa/default.html). We would particularly welcome applicants from the field of visual culture studies and that of intercultural studies.
- Proven track record of teaching. Previous experience in delivering courses in English is essential.
- Proven track record of independent research as demonstrated by a substantial list of publications, awards/ grants.
2. Documents Required
- Curriculum Vitae (including a photo, name in Chinese/English, education and employment background, e-mail address, mobile number) and an autobiography.
- A list of publications.
- Authenticated Ph.D. diploma copy (as for candidates who have met your degree requirements yet haven’t received a degree certificate, please provide an official letter stating that the time frame of your graduation will be prior to the initial date of the appointment.)
- A summary of courses taught and a course proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Lecturer Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education in Taiwan (optional)
Please send your application materials in electronic form to Ya-Yun Yang, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject heading ‘Application to Si Wan College’. The application is close at 12 P.M. (GST) of 8th March 2020.
For further information please contact Ms. Ya-Yun Yang, Si Wan College, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan.
Please visit our website at: https://siwan.nsysu.edu.tw/