【Si-Wan College】WANTED: Non Tenure-track Faculty Position of Si Wan College, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
Non Tenure-track Full-time Faculty Position at Si Wan College, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Si Wan College at the National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan invites foreign applications for a position of Assistant Professor. The position is a full time, non-tenure track appointment, beginning from 1 August 2020.
I. The applicant should
1. be a holder of a foreign (non-Taiwanese) passport.
2. have a Ph.D. in a discipline related to humanities and socio-science.
3. have experience in teaching and managing interdisciplinary courses, and the capability of conducting culture-related research projects.
4. be able to deliver courses in Mandarin at the university level.
5. At Si Wan College, we value the spirit of practice. The candidate should have interest and passion in participating and contributing to government-funded projects, including the USR (University Social Responsibility) and international networking.
II. Application: candidates are expected to submit the following documents:
1. The university’s Personal Information Sheet, including a most recent colour photo. The form is available at: https://ope.nsysu.edu.tw/p/412-1011-165.php?Lang=zh-tw
2. A list of publications within the past five years. For clarity, please separate degree dissertations, monographs, book chapters, journal papers (please specify if the journal is listed in SCIE, SSCI, AHCI), and conference proceedings in different categories.
3. Copies of degree certificates (if from a foreign university, the degree needs to be authenticated).
4. Proof of previous employment in academia (if available).
5. Lecturer/professorship certificate issued by the Ministry of Education of Taiwan (if available).
6. Personal statement
7. A sample of publication (could be Ph.D. dissertation).
8. A summary of courses taught
9. A course proposal
10. Three references
11. Other appropriate supporting documents
III. Application Deadline:
29th March 2020.
Applications can be submitted either in paper or electronic form. For paper-form submission, please send it to Mrs Ya-Yun Yang, Si Wan College, National Sun Yat-sen University, No.70, Lianhai Rd., Gushan Dist., Kaohsiung, 80424, Taiwan. The parcel should arrive no later than 29th March 2020, 17:00 pm (GST). For electronic submission, please send an email to using the email subject heading ‘Application to the Si Wan College’ no later than 29th March 2020, 12:00pm (GST).
For further information please contact Mrs Ya-Yun Yang, Si Wan College, NSYSU
TEL: +886-7-5252000 #5851
Please visit our website at: https://siwan.nsysu.edu.tw/